Jack is growing and learning new things each day. I am amazed by what he does each day and wonder how he knows what he knows. Well these last couple days have been extra funny because I am beginning to see how much he is watching us and imitating what we are doing.
* Jack loves to see what is going on in the kitchen. Now whenever it is time to cook, he goes over to where the step stool is stashed away and wants to get it out so he can be up close and help do the cooking. In this picture he had helped make a pitcher of fresh lemonade using the lemons off GramPam and Pa-Pa's lemon tree.
* If we are drinking out of a straw cup, Jack wants to also.
* Just the other day Barrett was in the kitchen, I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup, and Jack and Java were in the living room playing together. Java started making a coughing, gagging, barfing "blah" type noise. Barrett was quick to get Java outside just in case she got sick (which she never did). Within seconds Jack ran into the bathroom where I was getting ready saying to me, "Mama, Mama, Blah, Blah, Blah" while bending his body over in the barfing position. He was trying so hard to tell me what he had just witnessed in the other room. These two sure are best buds.
* Even the way you are standing or sitting, Jack wants to imitate. I was leaning against the wall the other day with one hand up against the wall while talking to Jack. What does he do? He puts his hand up against the wall the same way I was doing and continues his conversation with me. To test it out I changed positions and crossed my feet while standing up. Of course he does the same thing. Stand on one foot? Yup, he did that (or at least attempted to do that) too! Or the evening we were all in the living room playing together and Barrett was on his hands and knees playing with Jack. Jack got right next to daddy and in the same position but with a book ready to be read to him...while they were both on their hands and knees.
*When its time to pray at meals, Jack holds both our hands and bows his head. If there is only one person to hold hands with he isn't quite sure what to do with his free hand. At the end of each prayer he is sure to let out a big loud "AMEN"
* And this is just a sweet protective big brother story...This morning was a cold and snowy morning. We were leaving the dentist office and since the car is parked about 3 feet from the office door I decided to take Jack and Amelia out to the car one at a time so neither of them would be sitting out in the cold for long while I was buckling the other one in. So we left Amelia right inside the office door with the receptionist while I ran Jack out to the car to buckle him in. Right away he looked over to Amelia's seat in the car and saw that the baby wasn't there. He got a very concerned and sad look on his face, and began pointing over to Amelia's seat saying, "baby, baby, baby." Apparently he thought we were leaving the dentist and that I had forgotten to bring his baby sister with us!
This picture was taken when we were going to pick out our Christmas tree
This all reminds me of one of my favorite country music songs by Rodney Atkins called "Watchin You". Here are part of the lyrics
I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you
He really is watching everything we do and what a time in life this is for us to be teaching him. I pray that all we do is pleasing to the Lord and worthy to be imitated by these little ones that are watching us.