How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sleeping Beauty

Amelia has been the best sleeper ever for a newborn! At 1 week old since she was back up to her birth weight, we were able to let her sleep as long as she could go at night and not wake her up to eat every 3 hours as we had been doing that first week.  So starting at one week old she would go down to sleep around 10 or 11 pm and only wake up usually once during the night around 3 or 4 am.  Then at about 5 weeks old she stretched out to sleeping until about 5 or 6 am.  These last few nights this week at now 7 weeks old she has gone 9-10 hours straight not waking up until 7 or 8 am!  That is crazy!  It was funny...the other morning I heard her start to stir around 6 am or so, not crying, just moving around some.  I figured I would get her up and feed her.  Well she wanted nothing to do with that!  I got ready to feed her and she started crying and not wanting to eat at all!  I put the pacifier in her mouth and she was back in a very sound and peaceful sleep within seconds and continued to sleep another 2 hours until 8 am.  Of course now that I have written this I'm sure she will be waking every 2 hours to eat from now on, but at least I'll know she can have a good nights rest! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment