How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 22

Pregnancy Highlights How Far Along: 22 Weeks. Is my tummy growing or what???
Size of Baby: My books say he should be about 12-13 ounces. Each time the doctor has told me how much the baby weights after a sonogram, the weight is always several ounces more than all the books say. So I am thinking he may be closer to a pound right now...which makes me think he may be the size of our dinner last night. I cooked Cornish hens, each weighing 16 ounces. Later in the evening I though, wow, that is the like the size of our baby boy. I just had to get a picture of the little hen.
Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Gender: Still a boy!
Movement: I tend to feel him move more in the early mornings and in the evenings. Barrett was able to feel him move a little bit last week. The movement is still so gentle to feel from the outside of the tummy, but it was exciting for him to feel even as small as it was.
Sleep: My sleep hasn't been too bad this week. I am constantly turning from side to side and taking my full body pillow with me on each side. I can for sure tell that my belly is getting bigger, especially as I am laying in bed trying to maneuver it back and forth. I will appreciate the controllable size of it now, as I know it will only be getting bigger!
Symptoms: Not much to report here. Really this has been an extremely smooth pregnancy! I do have the munchies throughout the day, I take more trips to the restroom, and my back tends to hurt more than normal, but in all not bad at all!
Cravings: I woke up the other morning really wanting some pancakes with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and syrup. When Barrett asked what I wanted for breakfast I told him just that. Unfortunately we didn't have anything to make those pancakes. His comment to me was - why don't you get these ingredients ahead of time? Funny boy. I had to re-explain that I have no warning with cravings. I just suddenly want it. I did end up getting the ingredients and had them the next day. Oh so yummy!
The yummy pancakes
What I'm Looking Forward To: Just this week I have gotten to really thinking about and imagining having this baby here with us. I wish he was here right now to hold and cuddle with and to take on walks with this beautiful weather right now. Until that time though I will just enjoy feeling him move inside of me and prepare to the best of my ability for his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment