How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Christmas in July!

Yes, it is 100+ degrees outside, the middle of the summer and I am posting Christmas pictures! Why you may ask? Because I never got around to posting them right after Christmas since Jack made his early arrival the very next day. It has always been in the back of my mind that I needed to do this. So for the record, here is Christmas 2010! We spent Christmas in Dallas since my due date was just a couple weeks away. Barrett's parents came here to celebrate with us. Christmas with the Walch family always involves lots of baking and cooking, so much of our time is spent in the kitchen. My special spot to cook was sitting down at the kitchen table. At this point in the pregnancy I had high blood pressure, so I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible. Here I am making Oreo Truffles. Yum! Java stayed warm all cuddled up on her pillow with a blanket.



I spent much of my time on the couch here laying down on my left side (trying to help keep my blood pressure down.) I was stayed busy reading and knitting this blanket for Jack, trying to get it finished before he arrived (which unfortunately is still currently unfinished.) After attending the Christmas Eve service at church, we spent Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house. Korbin, Dylan, and Calahan are awaiting the arrival of Santa Clause. Camryn and Chandler And the tradition continued...Santa making his first stop of the night at the front door of Mimie and Papa's house to deliver one gift for each person. I remember right after this picture was taken I nearly deleted it off the camera because I looked so ridiculously huge! But now I just look at it and laugh! That is just what a preggo woman looks like when she is 9 months along. GramPam and PaPa with Tara Jacob and Oliver Mimie and Papa Here we are on Christmas Eve. Little did we know that less than 2 days later, our baby boy would be in our arms. For the last few years our family has done a white elephant style gift exchange on Christmas Eve. The gift I opened was this super soft and cute throw blanket that I became very attached to right away. All was well until someone decided they wanted to take this blanket away from me instead of choosing to open another gift from under the tree. No worries though! My wonderful father-in-law saved the day and somehow worked it out that I was able to steal the blanket back! It has been a great blanket too!
My Dad and I Mom and I











Christmas morning Barrett and I went over to my parents house to exchange gifts. Around 4:30 Christmas morning is when I first started having contractions (although I didn't know they were the real deal at the time.) So throughout all the eating, gift exchanges, celebrating and all I was kind of uncomfortable, but just rested as much as possible. We did take a short walk around the block to see if that would make the contractions stop. It didn't. At one point throughout the day we called my doctor (on Christmas Day, I felt so bad for interrupting his day) just to let him know I thought I might be having contractions. His thought was that it was just false labor since the contractions weren't real strong, so we kept doing on with our day.

We opened more gift once back home. Look at this gift tag. Amazing, Jack could purchase, wrap, and write on a gift tag before even being born.

All ready to open gifts (notice that nice blanket I was already using)

"Jack's Daddy" shirt

I even opened gifts while propped up on my side.

Christmas evening the rest of the family came over for a Christmas dinner and gift exchange.



The next day, December 26th at 1:25pm, our son, Jack Ryan was born - 11 days early!
He was the best Christmas present of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment