How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Funnel Cakes

Okay...after a visit to the Texas State Fair and then a visit to Mckinney Trade Days where I was surrounded by funnel cakes, I decided that I must have one!!! Never really had I thought that I myself could make a funnel cake, but I hopped online and found a recipe. They were delicious! If someone told me it was a fair funnel cake, I would have believed them. Try it sometime. You will love them!
Funnel Cake Recipe
(found on allrecipes.com)
Ingredients
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup white sugar
3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions
In a medium bowl, mix salt, baking powder, and half of the flour. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream eggs, sugar and milk. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth. Continue to add remaining flour, but use only enough to achieve desired consistency. Batter will be thin enough to run through a funnel.
In an eight inch skillet, heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Put your finger over the bottom opening of the funnel, and fill the funnel with a generous 1/2 cup of the batter. Hold the funnel close to the surface of the oil, and release the batter into the oil while making a circular motion. Fry until golden brown. Use tongs and wide spatula to turn the cake over carefully. Fry the second side one minute. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment