How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pie and Prayer

Side note...For the past few years I have always carried our camera with me wherever I go. For some reason this past month the camera keeps getting left behind. I like posting pictures with my blog posts so this is why I have not posted in a while. Anyways, I'm back now...still with no new pictures.
-
Last night Tara invited us over to there home for an evening of pie! She fixed my very favorite kind of pie - Mandarin Orange!!! Oh, I think I could eat one of these pies all for myself in one sitting. It is amazing! It is also the easiest pie in the world to make - no baking required.
-
-
Mandarin Orange Pie
1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 can mandarin oranges
1 carton of whipped cream
-
Mix together the milk and lemon juice to make the filling. Pour filling into the pie crust. Drain the can of oranges and pour the oranges on top of the filling. Put whipped cream on top of the oranges. Top with a couple of the mandarin oranges for decoration if desired. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
-
-
Along with our yummy pie, we also had a time of prayer. This was a very sweet time and will be a great memory. What an amazing thing to be able to get together as a family and call on the Lord, praying with expectant hearts, telling Him our hearts desire and believing that His timing and plans are always better that how we could have ever planned on our own. It is a comfort to know that the creator of the world loves us and desires for us to call out to Him in faith. How incredible, that the Lord, with so much power, longs to hear from us and is interested in hearing our thoughts, no matter how big or small they may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment